Are you hearing noises in your walls, finding small rice-like droppings around your home, or finding food boxes with holes chewed through? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have a rodent problem. If you suspect rodents have invaded your home, eliminating and controlling a rodent population is your first step. But how much will all this cost? Rodent control costs can vary from hundreds to thousands of dollars depending on a variety of different factors, such as how you choose to control the infestation.
Here you will learn some of the rodent control options available and how they can affect your overall cost, as well as whether you are better off trying DIY methods or if professional rodent control services are the more cost-effective option.
Whether you choose the DIY method or bring in the professionals, you can expect to invest some time and money into ensuring your home is and stays rodent-free.
- On average, rodent control costs range from $100 to $500, but this can climb for larger or more severe infestations. Costs depend on the size and type of your property, the type of rodent, and your chosen control method.
- DIY rodent control, like traps or sprays, can save money but might take longer and require more effort. If you’re not a fan of rodents, this might not be for you!
- Professional rodent control services offer expert knowledge, efficient solutions, and peace of mind. They might cost more upfront, but they can be more cost-effective in the long run.
- When hiring a pest control company, check for licensing, experience, good reviews, and a solid warranty. Professional services can range from a few hundred to over $1000, depending on various factors.
- If DIY methods aren’t cutting it, companies like Insight Pest Management can help. They’ll create a custom treatment plan to wipe out your rodent problem and keep them from coming back.
Average cost of rodent control
The cost of rodent control can vary depending on many factors, such as the severity of the infestation, the type of rodent, the size of the property, and the method of control. In general, the average cost of rodent control can range from $100 to $500, with the cost increasing for larger properties or more severe infestations. Additionally, ongoing preventative measures, such as regular inspections and treatments, may also increase the overall cost.
Factors that influence rodent control costs
When you find the presence of a mouse or other rodent in your home, eliminating these pests is the first thing on your mind. However, how you go about rodent control can affect how much it costs, as well as how much time it takes. Here we look at some of the main factors that can influence how much you need to invest in order to make your home rodent-free.
Severity of the infestation
If you have found a single mouse not long after it entered your home, a simple trap placed quickly may be enough to address the infestation. However, when you see one mouse, it is likely you have many more. A severe infestation may require more extensive treatment and ongoing maintenance, which can increase the cost.
Size and type of property
How large your home and property are can also affect the cost of rodent control. For example, a townhouse or condo may cost more than a large home because accessing parts of the building may be more difficult. This means that rodent control may require much more time and effort. At the same time, a large home will cost more to control rodents than a smaller home.
Location and accessibility
As mentioned above, the location and accessibility of your home can make a big difference in rodent care. For example, if you live in a multi-floor apartment, there are endless places for rodents to hide, with many inaccessible to you. While you may be able to catch and eliminate rodents when they enter your unit, the stream of rodents coming in from around the building are difficult to manage as you may not have access.
The species of rodents present in your home can also affect the cost of rodent control. For example, a rat infestation is usually more difficult to control than a mouse problem.
Chosen control method
How you decide to approach a rodent infestation can also play a considerable role in the cost of treatment. For example, DIY approaches, such as traps and essential oil sprays, may offer a cheaper approach to rodent control, but may take longer to provide the effective solutions you are looking for. In addition, these options may not be as effective as they need to be, and you may need to choose other rodent control options, such as professional rodent control services.
Professional rodent control services
As we mentioned above, while many DIY efforts can be effective, especially with new or small infestations, larger infestations are likely to require professional rodent control. Choosing these services is likely to cost more but require less of your involvement.
Benefits of hiring a professional rodent control company
Hiring a professional rodent control company offers many benefits when it comes to creating a rodent-free environment. Some of these benefits include:
- Expertise: Professional rodent control companies offer experts in rodent behavior and control. Technicians know where the rodents may be hiding and can treat even the largest of rodent infestations.
- Safe and Effective: Rodent control, especially in cases of large infestations, can require a number of different control methods. Rodent control methods can involve hazardous chemicals and equipment. Professional pest control companies have the knowledge and equipment to handle these materials safely and effectively, minimizing the risk of harm to people, pets, and the environment.
- An Efficient Solution: DIY rodent control can take months of setting and changing traps, all while the rodents continue to multiply, allowing for the infestation to grow. Professional pest control companies have access to specialized tools and equipment that can help them quickly and efficiently eliminate rodent infestations.
- Cost-Effective: While the initial cost of a professional pest control company may seem expensive, it is likely to be more cost-effective in the long run. In addition, many companies offer guarantees that your home will remain rodent-free when a regular preventative service is put in place.
- Peace of Mind: If the sight of a mouse makes your skin crawl or you simply want no part of a DIY plan, hiring a professional rodent control company guarantees that your rodent problem will be addressed, and you won’t have to play an active role.
Finding a reputable pest control company
When looking for a reputable pest control company to address your rodent infestation, there are a few things that you need to consider. These include:
- Licensing and Certification: You want to make sure the company you are considering meets all your local licensing and certification requirements.
- Experience: Look for a pest control company with experience in rodent control and prevention.
- Reputation: Take time to read online reviews and see how previous customers feel about the services they received.
- Warranty: Always ask about a warranty. What will the company do if you have mice or rats reappear in your home after treatment?
The average cost of professional services
The cost of professional rodent control services can vary based on a number of different factors including your geographical location, the extent of your rodent infestation, the type of rodent infestation, and the type of property. In general, professional rodent extermination services can range between a couple hundred dollars and over $1000, depending on the factors mentioned above. In addition, you may opt for ongoing rodent prevention services, that can cost around $100/month.
Tips for getting value from a professional service
When choosing a professional rodent control service, there are some tips to follow in order to get the best value. These include:
- Research and choose a reputable company
- Get a quote for services and compare with other companies
- Ask about the warranty
- Understand the treatment plan
- Follow the technician’s recommendations to avoid reinfestation
- Monitor the results
By following these tips, you can help ensure that you get the most value from your professional rodent control service.
To learn more about professional rodent control, CLICK HERE.
DIY rodent control solutions
There are a variety of different DIY rodent control solutions that you can consider and may help you keep your costs down. These can include everything from essential oils and sprays to help deter rodents, sealing cracks and gaps around you home where rodents can gain access, and the placement of live or snap traps to catch or kill rodents in your home.
Pros and cons of DIY rodent control
Choosing DIY solutions offer both pros and cons. While these options can help save money, they also require your time and energy, so if the site of a rodent makes your skin crawl, DIY solutions may not be for you. In addition, these methods can take much longer to address larger infestations and often allow for the infestation to grow far beyond your control.
Expenses associated with DIY methods
The expenses for DIY rodent control can vary depending on the methods and products used. For example, simple snap traps may cost a few dollars each, while more sophisticated traps and baits can cost upwards of $20 or more.
Other costs to consider include the time and effort required to set and monitor traps, as well as the potential cost of repairing any damage caused by rodents. Overall, DIY rodent control may be a cost-effective option for some homeowners, but it may not be as effective or efficient as professional services.
Recommendations for effective DIY rodent control
In order for a DIY rodent control plan to be effective, you need to implement a variety of different methods and commit to the process. For example, you may want to apply essential oils sprays around your home on a regular basis, such as once a week. In addition, you want to set snap or live traps in areas where you find rodent activity and commit to checking each trap daily, removing or relocating any rodents, and replacing the trap.
Finding the right rodent control plan for you
When you find a rodent in your home or see signs of a rodent infestation, it is important to determine a rodent control plan as soon as possible while considering the cost of each option. While a professional rodent control company may cost a little more at the time of treatment, you are likely to have a rodent-free home much quicker than if you tried to tackle the infestation on your own. If you believe you have a small infestation or want to try and manage it yourself, many DIY options can save you money, but you must be prepared to commit to a treatment and prevention plan.
When you can no longer handle the rodent battle alone
If you have been fighting a losing battle with rodents in your home, it may be time to consider calling in the experts at Insight Pest Management. Our experts will come in and evaluate your rodent infestation and create a custom treatment plan designed to eliminate your rodent problem and ensure they never return. To see how we can help, schedule an appointment today.